What benefits can Google Ads have for your company?
The Advantages of Google Ads for Australian Businesses
By working with Inventiva to create an effective Google Ads campaign, your company can:
- Choose where your Google Ads ad will appear; either in Google search results or on the different web pages that make up the Google partner network.
- Establish a budget that seems appropriate; this helps to control the number of leads you’re getting. If there’s not enough, you can simply increase your budget. If your company has capacity constraints (receiving too many enquiries to handle) then you can reduce the budget.
- Easily measure the impact of your ad and perform the relevant maintenance to achieve the desired results. Google Ads accounts are managed online, so you can analyse the behaviour of your campaign whenever you want.
- Most importantly, it gives your company exposure to potential customers that are demanding your products and/or services at the moment they search for it. As a result, you will increase your sales and bring more traffic to your website which can help to boost your organic Google search result (help get your website closer to page 1 of a Google search result).
How does Google Ads work?
Why is Google Advertisement so effective and how it all works.
Developing a Google Ads campaign means that your company can feature on Google search results, as well as on numerous websites that are part of the Google advertising network. However, we’ve found that the most cost-effective form of digital marketing is PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising. This is where your ad appears in Google Search results and you only pay for people that are interested in or are demanding your product. On the other end of the spectrum, push advertising such as TV ads are shown to everyone. Therefore the majority of your advertising expenditure is used on people who are not only uninterested in your product/service, but they are also not demanding your product/service.
So how do you create a Google Ads Campaign?
- Firstly, you must configure the campaign, indicating some details such as the budget allocated to it, the geographical segmentation and the language.
- Next, you must create the ads using the Google Ads platform. For this stage, you should take into account all of your competitive advantages to help your business stand out from the rest.
- Then you must enter keywords or keyphrases, that is, those words or phrases by which your customers will search for your company and your products/services.
- After your campaign has been running for a week, it’s time to monitor the results and make optimisations to improve the campaign’s effectiveness. Regular monitoring and optimisations should take place so that you can maximise the campaign’s effectiveness in the long-term.
In this way, when one of your potential customers makes a search using one of those keywords or keyphrases, your ad will appear. A successful Google Ads campaign can yield incredible results but only if the time is taken to understand the key components and continually improve the campaign.
What is a Google Ads campaign?
Components of a successful Google Ads campaign
First of all, it’s important to understand what you need to put in your Google Ads campaign. You need to understand the right keywords, themes, locations and more. By conducting market research you can determine the most effective way to implement your Ads campaign. This way, you’re only targeting people that are really interested in your products and/or services.
Additionally, implementing your campaign correctly right from the start is the best way to avoid unnecessary loss. For instance, a Google Ads Campaign that targets the wrong market will be costing you, not achieving any sales and will be difficult to analyse and adjust based on bad data. You need to implement a targeted campaign in order to reach your potential customers at the right time – i.e. when they demand the product.
Finally, AdWords will provide a whole set of statistics about your ads and keywords. This allows for further campaign optimisations to take place. That means, your campaign can be tweaked to further improve it’s effectiveness and ultimately lead to a lower cost per sale.
“Google Adwords is now Google Ads”
History of advertising on Google
With the introduction of AdWords in the year 2000, Google gave up its initial policy of remaining a completely ad-free search engine.
In July 2018, after the most important change in the interface of the platform, Google also decided to change the name of this service and it was renamed Google Ads:
“This new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer on the Search and Display networks, on YouTube and on many other sites and web platforms.”
Google Ads was born as a reaction to an imminent loss of market share to Facebook Ads. Now, Google Ads consists of advertising through their Display network, Search results, YouTube, Google Maps, Android apps and more.
There are similar advertising programs operated by other search engines (such as Microsoft Search Marketing or Bing Ads); however, the search engine with the greatest advantage that still maintains the highest user traffic worldwide is undoubtedly Google.
To learn more about Google Ads, click here.