Find the perfect domain name for your new website
Choosing your domain name is similar (and just as important) as choosing a company name. Your domain name is your identity on the web, as this is the address your customers will type into the search browser. That is why it is important to choose a name that not only fits your business but one that is also easy to remember and find on the web.
Check Availability and purchase your domain here
Use the following search bar and find out if your domain is available. For example: “mycompany.com“. We will also provide you with an instant quote and the option to register your domain right away.
What is a domain name?
Definition of Domain (for web)
A domain name represents the physical address of your business but on the Internet; for example: “www.inventiva.global“.
If this is your first time building a website, you are probably asking yourself what is a domain name and how do domains work?
The domain that will allow you to identify your business is obtained through a reservation or registration of that domain. Once registered, the domain is yours and only yours to use. There are no two identical domains, all domains are unique and exclusive to each business.
What kind of domains exist?
Currently there is a wide variety of domains available for each type of business and country.
Each country has its own domain extension; For example: .mx (Mexico), .us (United States), .ec (Ecuador), .pe (Peru), .cl (Chile), .ar (Argentina), .es (Spain), .uk ( United Kingdom), .au (Australia), etc. In most cases, the domain extension “.com” and the local extensions of each country is one of the most chosen options among companies.
If your business operates in a single country, it is worth mentioning that having a web address with the local domain will give you a greater presence in front of your potential customers. This also allows users to search and identify more easily within the search engines because, in the case of Google, local businesses are prioritised compared to other companies in the same area.
There are specific domain extensions for certain cities and business transfers that have become a very good option for certain cases, such as “.edu” for companies in the educational field, “.org” for organisations, “.gov” for entities of the government, or “.global” for transnational corporations, etc.
What aspects should be taken into account when choosing the domain for your business?
Considerations for a successful domain.
Your choice will be of utmost importance when you build your new website and establish your identity online; Therefore, it is interesting to know some tips to choose it properly:
- If the project starts from scratch, in the first place you must be very clear about the exact objective of your business and the market niche to which it will be addressed so that you can choose an appropriate name.
- Make it easy to memorise and remember. Similarly, it is advisable to avoid, as far as possible, the use of “complicated” spelling letters so that it is easy for users to pronounce in this way.
- This name will appear repeatedly on the web, both on its website and in its social network profiles or other portals; for this reason, you should try and avoid that you can write badly so as not to generate confusion.
- Although there are always exceptions, a short name is much easier to remember, which makes it easier to write and search the web.
- If you want to get a good position, it is interesting to take care of the keywords that contain the name of your domain, that is, the words you want to find it with.
- To the extent possible, you should try to buy the most competitive extensions (.com, .es, .net …) so that nobody else can take advantage of their name with another extension.
If you need help in the selection and acquisition of your new domain, do not hesitate to contact our experts in Marketing and Digital Strategies. We will help you choose the most successful domain for the creation of your new website.
Need help choosing a domain name?
Click on the button below to get in touch with our friendly team and we will help you find and select your perfect domain at no extra cost.
Share this page
Why purchase your domain from Inventiva?
Inventiva is one of the most renowned digital agencies worldwide (with headquarters located in Sydney, Australia). As a digital agency, also specialising in SEO services, we understand how important is to select the right domain for your business. We not only provide you with hosting services for your domain, but can also assist you in selecting the perfect domain name for your new website.
Our intention is to work with your brand transparently and to corroborate our work with tangible results, thus protecting your investment and you as a client.
Our specialists will conduct a thorough study of your brand and / or business, to help you choose the perfect domain name.
Our state of the art servers guarantee 100% up time for your new domain and lighting fast load times and performance.
We offer you affordable pricing across all our domain hosting services. Found a cheaper quote somewhere else for equivalent services? Let’s us know and we will beat it.
We are a company focused on your goals. Therefore, we ensure that your domain hosting is reliable. We guarantee that you’ll be satisfied with the results. Otherwise, we’ll continue working until you’re 100% satisfied.
How can we help you?